Early Head Start/Head Start Teacher
Full Time/Part Year
Job Description/ Duties:
This is a full-time position responsible for planning and implementing a program of educational activities for children age 0-5 years old that encourages age appropriate growth and development in a variety of areas. The employee fulfilling this job is expected to complete assignments with a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and timely completion of work. This position works under the direction of the Site Leader/Education Specialist.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that daily activities and interactions reflect the mission and goals of the program.
- Assist individual children in need of special attention, including provide and model additional individualized support as needed.
- Assist with physical safety and emotional security of the children.
- Work together with the teacher assistant as a team, in assisting with planning and implementing daily programming for preschool children utilizing the HighScope curriculum and COR (Child Observation Record).
- Create a clean, safe environment that is conducive to learning, promoting social relationships.
- Plan and document Child Outcome activities, support strategies, and interactions according to COR data and gains each quarter.
- Plan, implement, and update ongoing individual learning plans for each child in the classroom.
- Plan and implement a program of educational activities for children infants and toddlers, including writing a weekly lesson plan that specifies daily schedule, and achieves specific curriculum goals as written in education component plan.
- Plan and implement outdoor activities that develop gross motor skills.
- Promote feelings of security and trust in infants and toddlers by being warm, supportive, and comforting, and by establishing strong and caring relationships.
- Maintain compliance with day-care licensing and HHS regulations.
- Assist in ensuring that all health and developmental screenings are up-to- date.
- Ability and desire for personal and professional growth and skill development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Elementary Education with a ZA or ZS (or Early Childhood) endorsement required.
- Previous professional experience working with children age 0-5 years old.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Respond to: Shaquanna Meeks, Human Resources Generalist, email@example.com