Head Start Teacher
OLHSA - A Community Action Agency
Job Description/ Duties:
1. Provide children with developmentally appropriate experiences in all domains of development through daily lesson plans and classroom/outdoor activities.
2. Administer standardized screening to identify the needs of the children and make appropriate referrals and follow-up of children as needed; which includes children with special needs. Maintain documentation as required.
3. Document children’s progress by observing and recording behaviors using the Child Observation Record (COR).
4. Maintain 90% attendance during the review period.
5. Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Associates Degree (AA) in Early Childhood Education OR an Associate’s degree in a field related to early childhood education and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education, with experience teaching preschool-age children required. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
2. Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job.
3. Licenses and certificates required: valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Full Benefits, Paid Leave, and Retirement.
How to Apply:
Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency
196 Cesar E. Chavez Ave.
P.O. Box 430598
Pontiac, MI 48343-0598
(248) 209-2615 FAX