Substitute Teacher- Part-Time Head Start
Matrix Human Services
1400 Woodbridge St.
Job Description/ Duties:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Substitute Teacher is responsible for assisting in the provision of a safe, nurturing learning environment for children and their parents. They assist in the planning of activities that reinforce the program philosophy and promote developmentally appropriate activities. The Assistant Teacher works with the teacher and volunteers in the classroom to build a team approach to educating children.
- High School Experience working with children in a child-care setting
- Must pass requirements for licensing criminal clearance, Central Registry Clearance, physical, drug screen and TB test.
- Bilingual is a plus!
- Reliable transportation to get to our centers
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds
- Able to read, write, and communicate in standard English.
- Noise level in work environment may be moderate to loud.
- Job may require lifting, sitting, standing, walking, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and bending for periods of time.
- Ability to write clear and accurate reports.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all discussions and records.
- Must be resourceful, patient, and sensitive to the needs of staff, children and family.
- Must be culturally sensitive to work in a diverse community.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the classification.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of lesson plans
- Assist in maintaining a safe, healthy, and developmentally-focused learning environment for the children
- Assist in taking ongoing anecdotal notes in order to monitor children’s individual development.
- Communicate ideas, problems, and concerns to the teacher
- Lead small groups and large groups of children in a variety of activities planned in conjunction with the teacher
- Check daily routine and lesson plans on a daily basis. Plan time to assist with the preparation of proper materials
- Assist teacher with two (2) home visits and two (2) parent teacher conferences yearly
- Perform related tasks and required tasks as outlined by the program
- Must be involved in ongoing professional development.
- Must work to recruit children for the program and assist to maintain enrollment.
- Must participate in all program sponsored activities, including community events.
- Act as a resource person for parents.
In working with children with special needs, you are expected to:
- Assist in implementing the Individual Education Plan (IEP) developed for children with disabilities and their families.
- Write progress notes of special needs children and include in child’s folder.
- Care for the special needs of children.
- Encourage independent participation of special needs children in all aspects of the program.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
APPLY NOW! Hiring for 2018-2019 School Year!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU AS A PART-TIMER:
Corporate Discounts (cars, cellphone packages, vacations and much more!)
The opportunity to be part of something WONDERFUL!
How to Apply:
http://www.matrixhumanservices.org then click on our career page.
See you soon!